Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 September 2013

Review: Slumber, Tamara Blake

SlumberSlumber by Tamara Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was nothing like I thought it was. I thought from the blurb I was going to get a Cinderella retelling or something, but was totally wrong. The story was so surprisingly dark and twisted. And I loved it. Once I got into it it was impossible to put it down.

I loved Ruby as a main character. Her voice and demeanour throughout was so together for a teenager thrown into the situation she was. And also liked that she refused to be swept off her feet into Tam's world with his obvious good looks and nice guy in a dark place routine.

The use of fairy magic was incredibly twisted and kind of morbidly fascinating to read about at the same time. One thing I particularly liked about Ruby was how she refused to get sucked into their debauchery and obscene life style of parties booze, drugs, anything. Even though she became tempted, she managed to keep onto her morals.

And the ending had a fantastic twist to it.

Thank you Netgalley for the ARC. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment